I'm thinking tonight that I want to go somewhere but I have nowhere to go. Not like, Barnes & Noble somewhere, but go somewhere, leave, get out for a while. I've got nowhere to go. It's a huge world and I can't think of anywhere.
I was talking to Aric the other night over a fire on the porch and I was asking him where a single guy should vacation. Good question he says. You would think that as a single guy, I could come up with something. Las Vegas, not really my style, Los Angeles, negative, a cruise, cool but not alone. The list goes on.
This is my question... What does a single guy do when he's by himself on vacation? I always go see married people and hang with them and their kids. What should I do as a single guy. I'm not into going out and finding loose/random women, strip joints, and/or partying. So what? I really don't know. I just don't think I'm into traveling by myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think what you are looking for is a nice camping trip. Maybe somewhere that you would have to hike to get there so then you feel a sense of accomplishment just from arriving.
Okay, that is if you like to camp. If not, Oregon- McMennamins!! Trust me you won't regret the drive.
thanks Noel
I do like camping but it's the whole concept of doing stuff by yourself. I like doing things w/people.
Here's the thing Mr. C. It's not a bad thing that most of your friends are married. If you don't want to vacation alone, go with your married friends. Don't let the fact that everyone else on vacation is having sex deter you from enjoying time off with your friends.
Camping sans wifes of friends. That would be my suggestion.
With one or more single friends you could . . .
Go camping, biking, hiking, attend Professional sports events, wine tours, city tours, state tours, country tours . . .
Go to a big city and visit museums, art galleries, and other cultural, historical venues . . .
Shakesperean festivals, midieval or Renaissance fairs . . .
Participatory sports such as golf, bowling, laser tag, 3D arcardes, fight club, etc. . .
Volunteer time at hospitals, nursing homes, Big Brother events or some other "noble" cause . . .
Or go to the library during the day and sleep on the lawn at night . . .
I don't have a lot of room, but I'm pretty close to a cheap MLB stadium, the Negro League Museum, a couple of lakes, several bike trails, etc.
I also have a couch you could sleep on.
For reals.
i'll see your couch, opie, and raise one "room of your own"....as long as you dont mind that it's also clutter with kids toys...crap. just come anyways and we can sit around deciding if we want to rent or go to a movie.
If I throw in a pack of smokes, would that make this too much like prison?
Post a Comment