It's the little things in life that make me happy. You know, like an iced peppermint mocha, drinking a beer with a buddy or a rainy day. Their the things I look forward to.
I also look forward to Friday's. Not because it's almost the weekend (I refuse to live for the weekends), but because it's casual Friday. I get to wear blue jeans, white socks and normal shoes. In other words, I get to dress like me. It's not that I don't like dressing up, I look nice and all but it's just not me.
I'm a t-shirt, blue jean and running shoe kind of guy. I just like it. I've been told I need to find a style but truthfully, that's me. What you see is what you get.
What I like most about casual Friday is that it's the one day a week I get to totally be me in every aspect. That brings me happiness . Mostly because I like my style, even though I don't have one, supposedly.
So, it's Thursday night and obviously, I'm thinking about casual Friday because I'm blogging about it. That, and I just left my bedroom closet wondering what I was going to be wearing tomorrow. It's a hard decision because even though I'm a big t-shirt kind of guy, I don't wear those to work. It doesn't quite fit the dress attire requirement I have to follow for working in the public. So, I have to figure out what one thing I really want to wear for my one day of free dress.
I know, it's weird but this is my every Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm a simple man. It's the little things in life that make me happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i like casual fridays as well. i don't technically have to dress up for my job, but i find it is sloppy and unprofessional not to. plus, if i do dress up i can create my own casual friday.
Just because someone thinks the way you dress is not "in" style, doesn't mean you don't have a style.
I would wear a suit and tie everyday if I could. Problem is, there would be a never ending need for me to buy more shoes, shirts and ties.
Another part of me wants to just wear jeans, a t-shirt and some converse chuck taylors.
Opie, the thing is, I don't really have style. I guess you could say it's just casual or some say a little "sporty" but I think what they were getting at is, like you said, I'm not really in style.
I don't really care but I don't want to be one of those guys that you hear someone say, "oh my gosh, he looks like a dork." You know?
matty- you've got plenty of style:) this is why i love working in healthcare... i get to wear my pajamas to work (scrubs). seriously, could it get ANY better??
matty- if they don't like your style, you don't need them because they're not good friends... :)
Post a Comment