Monday, May 19, 2008

Golfin' again

My sister asked me to do a golf tournament with her in late June. The "Shop with a Cop" golf tourny. I told her I would even though I'm not much of a golfer. I would like to be, but I'm not. I decided last year I was going to start playing simply because a few of my buddies golf and so do my bro and sis. It's a good way to hang out with them. But truthfully, I don't even really like the game.

I asked a few buddies to do the tourny but it looks like only Aric is showing some interest. It's cool.

So Aric and I hit up a 9 hole course this morning at Wildcreek. Pretty fun. Lets just say that I can only get better. But like I said earlier, I get to hang out with buddies and that's what's important to me. Not one par for this guy. When I hit, it's either too hard or not straight. When I putt, well, it doesn't go in the hole. Needless to say, I've got my work cut out for me in the next month.

4 comments:

Jen in Budapest said...

baseball or golf....hmmmm.... few can be maestro of both. what's important is you're getting great family and friend bonding time so that's cool.

Matty C. said...

Yah, I agree; however, money is scarce in my account. But I just like hangin' out. It's what I do best. You know!

scoeyd said...

I have 2 pars in the history of my short life.

Matty C. said...

At least you got some Lou.