Monday, May 05, 2008

Utah #2

Salt Lake and the surrounding area is really cool. Highly organized and just a nice place to be. I really enjoyed myself.

Saturday, I got in and we went straight to lunch to a place called "Chatter Burger." Much like "In N Out." They were actually sued (?) by "In N Out" because they were too similar. Very good food though. Then we went to a BYU vs. New Mexico baseball game. Fun, but it lasted four hours and I had to wear a sweatshirt over my head the whole time so I didn't burn.

We also went to see the Real Salt Lake vs. LA Galaxy. As mentioned before, I was able to see David Beckham. Stud! He scored twice. It was awesome. They ended up in a tie but it was still fun. A little chilly though.

Sunday, I went to church with Dave. We had intentions of watching Darryl throw on Sunday morning so we went to a sports grill (not a bar. remember, we're in Utah) and they had one giant screen tv. I couldn't figure that one out. But it had the NBA game on. We left in hopes to find the Yankee game but came up unsuccessful. Oh well. We hung out, ate and had some pretty deep talks that were much overdue.

Then we had a party for Dave. Tons of people and I knew two people. Awkward. I'm not used to those situations at all. We hung out there til late and came home where I fell asleep watching the Bourne Ultimatum. I need to see that movie again.

Now, here I am, home, doing laundry, getting ready to watch "How I met your mother," in hopes of going to the gym with Benny later.

**********************************************

Lastly, one thing that I would like to note is something I observed this weekend and if I could, would have instituted immediately. I was looking over my itinerary and noticed I had security fees. I'm okay with paying those. I believe that I pay fees at each airport I stopped at even though I didn't go through any security at some airports. Well, if I have to do that, I willing to pay a little extra fee as well to have 2-ply TP in the bathrooms. 1-ply TP can turn a decent/good day into a miserable/uncomfortable day. With all of the delays/layovers we face in a travel day, the least the airports can do is make us comfortable in the little things.

That's just food for thought. I'm willing to pay it. Are you with me?

2 comments:

laura said...

just one more reason NOT to use public toilets.

Matty C. said...

I'm a world pooper. I can go anywhere.