Lately I've been really trying to evaluate my feelings/emotions. I actually like doing it. I like to write random stuff so I started just noting how I'm feeling during a day. For instance, there are some days I feel completely confident. Those are days that I'm usually excited about life and very motivated. I like those days so I definately note those days. But there are days that I don't feel so great. Maybe a little anxious or lacking any emotion. Just "blah." It varies.
Anyway, it's been good for me to write this down. I just like to evaluate why it is some days I'm confident and other days I'm anxious and what it does to my personality. I guess that's the analytical side of me that is very prevalent with my personality.
Like today, I'm not overly happy, maybe a little bored but definately not excited about anything in particular. I'm not too talkative but I'm willing to have a conversation with anyone. I wouldn't say that I am or am not confident right now. I'd have to say I'm somewhere in the mid range right now. However, the way I feel now, I think people would think that I'm in a bad mood because there's not really a whole lot of excitement coming from me.
I think this weird to because this kind of stuff definately affects how I interact throughout my day. Days where I'm confident and out-going, I usually do good in court. I talk well, I'm sure of what I'm saying, etc... Usually no kid/family can get me upset at them.
When it's a non-confident day, I'm usually not very talkative during my interactions with kids, I'm a little more direct and probably a little harder on them as their P.O. I don't like those moods.
Anyway, it's been interesting for me to do this. I will probably document a little about how I'm feeling in my blog. It just gives me something to write about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Do you think you will actively change when you find yourself in moods that you don't like?
For instance, if you're having interactions with kids will you take note of those moods and change for the sake of the kids you're dealing with?
Actually, I think if I recognize the feelings and the moods I'm in, I will be extra cautious of my demeanor/attitude with them. At least when I am aware of my state of mind, then I can deal with it accordingly, ie., not talk, hold back, breath deep, not raise my voice, not get pissed off...
So, in response to your question, yes, I want to actively change. You forget, I'm an analyzing, OCD guy. I evaluate so I can get better. (The only problem with that is I take it to the extreme.)
i know when i'm in some of these moods, but so far that hasn't really translated well into me not taking it out on kids somehow. if i make it through a day at school without blowing it, i'll probably do it at home with my own kids. some days it's just not good to be around teenagers, yet i can't get away.
Feelings are an interesting thing. I know I can't always trust them because they change on a whim. Some things I realize I just have to do and be because it's right or because it's based in truth. I find that when I do push through random, passing feelings I can come back to the confidence and trust in my belief and confidence that God understands me even when I don't understand myself.
Post a Comment