Well, 4 months of no running is finally over. Just to recap, I've been struggling with some tendinitis in my ankle so I've been out per my orthopedic. It's still a little tender but I'm decided to give running another shot.
I went about a mile this morning. I felt like a wimp, "it was only a mile," I thought to myself. The ankle felt strong though. I didn't seem to have any problems accept that my chest was tight. I'm not used to that feeling. I haven't not run for that long in a long time. It's gonna be rough getting back into running shape.
It's about an hour past now and I can definately feel it in the ankle. It's not hurting but I'm definately vigilant for pain in that area of my foot.
I'm just loving the fact that I can run again. It's actually what helps me feel good. I can't really explain it. But it does. So I do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Matty! Have fun getting out there again and take it slow. I'm sure you'll be back on track soon. One mile at a time is the best way.
Thanks. Can't wait.
Post a Comment