Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Taken back

I woke up at 3:59 am this morning. That is precisely 1 minute before my alarm goes off. I love that. I usually try and lay in bed for 5-15 mins. before getting out of bed just to relax. This morning was odd. All I could think about was 8th grade wood shop class and using a router to give an edge to a box that I made. Funny thing was, I went over the whole thing in my head. Using the vice grip, moving the wood and eventually using the router on all four sides. Like I knew what I was doing. I really don't though.

This was an out of the ordinary thought process this morning. Kinda interesting. I wonder how the brain does that. When it takes us back to things a long time ago or makes us think of things that are off the wall or weird. What causes that?

7 comments:

Murdoc said...

8th grade wood shop? Vice grip? Shaving an edge? Take a shower.

Matty C. said...

????????

David said...

Today, I woke up with a bloody nose and as soon as the blood hit my upper lip, I heard (in my head) the beginning of "Sloop John B." by the Beach Boys. I haven't listened to that song in many years.

Weird that it would pop into my head under such circumstances.

Matty C. said...

The brain is a weird thing dude. I actually hate it.

digapigmy said...

the thing i remember most about 7th grade shop class with mr. zook (who is still teaching in the district) is when he instructed us to always make sure the vice handles were facing down so you wouldn't catch them in the crotch as you walked by. That wasn't memorable, but when he reminded the girls that it would still hurt even though they had "indoor plumbing", well ladies and gentlemen, that's what memories are made of.

Matty C. said...

Indoor plumbing! That's awesome. I've never heard that before. I have to ask persmission to use that Brent. That is classic. Can I please?

digapigmy said...

it belongs to mr. zook.

i think he'd be ok with it.