I don't know if I've seen such a pathetic showing in quite a while. I am a UNR fan so I do see some pathetic games but this was bad. The worst part was that UNC was within 5 points with about 4 mins. remaining and still ended up shutting down and getting spanked. Personally, I think UNC was/is the better team but they didn't show up tonight.
Brent said it best, "Roy Williams can't win the big games." He sure showed it tonight.
*********************
I'm trying to type a paper tonight on "Does parole work?" but it's not going too well. I'm quitting and going to re-group tomorrow after church. That'll give me time to process a little.
This teacher critiqued me because I didn't use the APA format citation correctly on the last essay. I'm glad he told me I did it wrong because I need to learn the correct way but I dislike it when teachers give all criticism and no positive feedback. It really makes me want to continue learning. I also love the teachers that make sure they put JD, MBA, Ph.d, G.O.D., letters behind their names.
It's probably just me but I don't like it when people emphasize how much education they have and use it to sound superior. Granted, they have higher education and they may be the instructor but they are no more superior. Just a pet peave, maybe even an insecurity. Like I said, it's probably just me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So, does parole work? I'm curious.
UNR is brutal on writing form. I took one journalism course a few years ago and there was more red ink than black on everything I handed in. Oh well. What can you do?
Well, hurting people hurt people. :D So maybe your teacher is hurting inside. Just a thought.
What's a G.O.D.?
Jen, in my opinion, parole has its good and bad aspects. As far as G.O.D., I was referring to him saying he was GOD. I have some dorky humor.
That's what she said.
It's weird how something like citation style is something that can lower a grade based on how well you write.
- David Oakes, M.A.
David Oakes, M.A. .... who is loosely related to Allie? Your blog is private. What do you have to hide? I'd like to email the blog user and get in on that blog. I'm sure it's marked by your witty sense of humor. How is Kansas?
If you want to know how Kansas is, accept the blog invitation I just sent you ... and then explain how I'm only "loosely" related to Allie.
David, thanks for the blog invite. I was going to leave a comment but I guess I'm not worthy of leaving comments yet. Suffice it to say, since Matty's blog is about KU too that it looks like you are definitely getting some Lawrence, KS culture. Had a friend who played v-ball for KU...they are maniacs in KS.
Post a Comment