Sunday, June 22, 2008

Articulate suckage

As I've mentioned before, I really enjoy blogging. I would probably blog multiple times a day but don't because I either lack topics of interest or I have something to write about but struggle to articulate what I'm saying.

Earlier this afternoon, I started to write down some of my thoughts on a blog and as I was typing, I just couldn't put into words what I wanted to say. It sounded great in my head. I even understood it. But to get it from my brain to the computer screen was a different story. It just wasn't happening.

Why does this happen? What makes articulating something so difficult? It's processing in my brain but it's not getting relayed effectively on the way out.

I only bring this up because I was blogging something about guilt that I was thinking about for the last couple of days. I'm reading "Blue Like Jazz" again and Don Miller spurned on some thoughts that I wanted to write about. Hopefully I can go back to it and write what I wanted to because it was good. At least in my head.

1 comment:

Jen in Budapest said...

I think writing is a means of expression and so is music and we should just let it flow...it seems like you do that, so what's the problem?
I like Don Miller. He's a sloppy writer (which is his means of expression....) but I like his points in Blue Like Jazz.