I was supposed to be off today but went in so I could get a report proof read and signed for court tomorrow. I made it in and right off the bat, lost all motivation to be there. I had hopes of taking the "early out" (E.O. as we call it) and coming home. Noon rolled around and detention needed some help with the pepper spray training so I ended up doing that for a while. (it really sucks seeing people like that. completely helpless and in pain. you totally get to see what they are like under stress and pain. very interesting.)
Anyway, so I helped out with that with hopes of leaving about two or two-thirty. Just one more thing. Well, one more thing turned into a couple more hours and next thing you know it's almost quittin' time. Still got out 45 mins., early and beat the traffic.
No motivation turned into an almost complete day that went pretty dang quick. Not bad!
On a side note, I don't like not being motivated because I feel lazy. I usually try to push through it and work extra hard but today just turned into a catch up day. It got the job done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's weird to me that I have times I wish I felt lazy . . . I rarely do, but I rarely feel relaxed . . . You're still my hero (and I'm not saying you're lazy, because I know you're not) . . .
I can honestly say, lazy doesn't work at my job. It's impossible. You just get way too busy. Never a stopping moment. I actually like it that way. Days never drag on.
i'm with you, tim. i can be lazy, but i never feel good while i am, so i never truly "relax" because that seems lazy to me. i think the three of us need a course in how to enjoy our time off.
I suffer from the lazy-guilt circle. I feel lazy, so I relax, then I feel guilty, so I become productive, then I am even more tired and lazy. I am trying to extinguish the guilt so that I can truly enjoy some lazy days occasionally.
you get to go to court....AND detention....and you're not even in trouble. :D That must be tough at times especially if kids keep making bad decisions.
Post a Comment