Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tahoe today...

Today, I went to Tahoe for a good friends going away party/wedding reception. Usually when I go to those kinds of things I'm really hesitant because I don't know who will be there and I don't like the awkwardness of not having anyone to talk with. Today was not like that at all.

I think I had the most fun I've had in a long time. I got to hang out with some of the closest people I have to me and it was just completely a safe place.

It started out hangin' with AJ B., his lady friend, Sandra, who is really cool by the way. Good catch Age. We drove up and back and had great conversation. I totally got to see AJ in his element. Totally outgoing and talkative. It was great. I love it when AJ is like that. (The great thing about it, that's the AJ I always get to hang out with.)

As always, I got to hang with Ben, Jessica and Baby Ellie, Dave, Jamie and Baby Hailey (Dave, correct me on the spelling). Some other friends that I'm not too close to but enjoy hanging out with were there too.

For me, it doesn't get any better when you're with the people you love to be with and just get to hang out and be ourselves. We swam, hung out on the beach, cracked jokes, told stories, ate good food and had beer that was really fizzy. I can't really explain it but if I could choose to do anything, that would be it. It was just a safe place and there were safe people to do it with. It was probably one of my favorite days all year so far.

Ben and I got laughed at by two chicks who thought it was funny that we had never drank out of a keg before. We didn't know how to work it. Sorry ladies...

I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to hang with Tommy a little more. Especially since he's leaving in a few short days. I know he had to please the crowd and make his rounds but I wish I could have hung with him a little. Anyway, best wishes to Tommy and Claira on a new marriage and a new journey in Minneapolis. You are great friends and I can't wait til you move back.

I can't forget Tony D. We got to see him. He's a long time friend from back in the day. We were buddies in middle school/high school, went our seperate ways and he's back and playing soccer with us. Well, not currently because he tore his MCL recently and had to have it fixed. He's the best goal keeper you'll ever meet. Seriously! I'm not just saying that. He's phenomenal.

Overall, it was a great day for me. I love just hangin' out. Only one thing could have made it better and that's to have a real lady friend of my own to come along and hang with all of us. But it's not for now and I'm okay with it. It'll happen...

7 comments:

Jen in Budapest said...

Happy for you havin a great time with friends.....Those are the best memories. But I've got serious Tahoe jealousy going on right now as I look at the brown, dirty Danube river......I miss the drive down from Carson.....Beautiful lake!

Matty C. said...

Lake Tahoe actually looked like the ocean yesterday. There was smoke on the west shore and you couldn't see the mountains, so when you would look out across, it just looked like it kept going like the ocean does. Like in the distance when the fog is coming in over the ocean. It was actually pretty cool.

SeƱor H said...

It was good times...like the lake times.

It's spelt J-A-M-I, is that what you meant? :) Hailey was spelt right though.

scoeyd said...

I thought the Danube was blue....?

Matty C. said...

Thanks Dave.

Destro Jones said...

You didn't do keg stand?

Matty C. said...

Destro, I didn't even know how to use a keg much less a keg stand. I have seen one before though and I don't think it's safe for me to even attempt.