I would call myself a simple man. I don't need much to make me happy. Really, I just need a few things in life and I'm happy. The first one being comfort. I don't really like being uncomfortable. What I mean is, if I'm cold, I want to be warm and if I'm hot, I want an A/C. If I'm tired, I just want to take a nap. I don't think that is too much to ask.
The second thing I like is food. I pretty much just want a full belly. It doesn't really matter what's in it, as long as it tastes like real food, I'm good to go.
Tonight, that changed a little. I got home with the intentions of something great to fill my belly. There were some things that looked good but as usual, the pan to cook it in was used last night and not available. Could I wash it? Yes. Did I? No. This lead me to my next predicament. What do I eat now. I was running out of options.
I always like to have second options. That's how I work. Even when it comes to food. Well, my second option is always "Krafts, Macaroni & Cheese Dinner." It's a can't lose option. I usually pass it up because it takes a little too long to cook for me. But tonight, it had my attention.
I start cooking the "mac & cheese" while watching the College World Series. Not good. When I watch TV at my pad, I'm laying down. Why, cause I like to be comfortable. Well, when Matty gets comfortable, Matty gets sleepy. This is no bueno.
So what does Matty do? Matty falls asleep and overcooks the noodles. Well, I think to myself, "not all of it is burned, I can eat the rest." So I go on my merry way and make the "mac & cheese" as normal.
As I'm eating, a horrible, burned noodle flavor consumes my taste buds. All of the noodles now taste of burned noodle. So what do I do. I keep eating. (Remember, I'm simple.) I finish and realize that this "mac & cheese" meal was probably one of the worst meals I've ever eaten. I can't finish the second helping. What was once confidently a "go to" meal has now become just another "so-so" meal. Why, because when I'm tired, I want to sleep.
Tonight, my simplicity got the best of me.
**********************************
On a greater note, Fresno State just won the 2008 College World Series. This was an amazing tournament to watch. The "Cinderella" team played phenomenally. I'm definitely not a Fresno State fan, but they had my emotions for baseball on high. They were awesome in this tourney.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sorry to hear about the noodles... This may be why some people put TV's in their kitchen-- that way they don't get distracted by the couch while cooking dinner. :)
P.S. Another really simple meal choice is frozen potstickers, if you like potstickers... they only take about 10 minutes and don't require any maintenance while they're cooking.
I don't even know what potstickers are but thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.
I just cleaned the pan I was cooking the mac in and it's ruined. I can't get the chared, black crap off the bottom of the pan.
Simple? I'm not so sure that my definition of simple matches yours...
But you are pretty...
he he he. funny.
my quick meal - tuna fish of the albacore sort.
matty what happened to a good 'ol turkey, roastbeef, ham, bacon, and cheese sandwich...mmmmmmm
Jeffy, you're talking to single guy who has maybe one of those items in his refridgerator at once much less all of them together and with some bread. I can't remember the last time I had that much variety in my fridge. Do you forget being single?
"Simply Matty" . . . Sounds like a great name for a blog . . .
I'll keep it in mind. Thanks...
Post a Comment