Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Interesting!

Here's a couple interesting facts from my book of information...

1) Women have a keener sense of smell than men.

2) Like fingerprints, each of us has an odor that is unique. One result: much of the thrill of kissing comes from smelling the unique odors of another's face.

3) Many smells are heavier than air and can only be smelled on ground level.

4) Smells stimulate learning. Studies show that students given olfactory stimulation along with a word list retain much more information and remember it longer.


Just thought I'd pass this on.

2 comments:

digapigmy said...

when it gets hot and the ac isn't working well (which it never does), my room can get pretty ripe. maybe that's why kids don't like math -- it smells like a bunch of teenage boys that didn't shower after p.e. but used half a can of Axe because we all know that's almost as good and a whole lot less embarassing.

"so you guys remember how to identify equations of parallel lines?"

"you mean from the day alex forgot to wear deodorant?"

"no, think about the day the cafeteria served burritos."

Jen in Budapest said...

I collect nice smelling candles and perfume... so I guess I fit right into that statistic....and I could go on for days about the smells on the streets of Budapest. All I have to say is nasty. If there's one thing I've learned it's that body odor is really bad especially when one doesn't shower for days. This isn't from personal experience but observation. And dog poop is disgusting and smelly on any street corner the world over.