Friday, June 13, 2008

A little trip

I'm taking a weekend off. I'm going to Santa Cruz, CA. I love it there. It's my vacation getaway. I have two buddies, more like brothers, there. I can't wait to hang with 'em. I really miss them. They used to live here and through life they both ended up there and me here. They both have little ones now so I get to be uncle Matty. I like that. No diaper cleaning, wiping the tears or correcting them. Just the fun stuff.

I can't wait to see the ocean. It's my favorite place. I love the openness and the appearance of something that goes forever. It's beautiful! Not to mention the sound: powerful and relaxing. (I don't like the smell though).

I was looking at purchasing a new camera last week and didn't get to it. This may make me do it. I have to get pictures. It's been like 5 years since I started visiting and have never taken pictures. Plus, it adds so much character to blogs. I have to do it.

I think we may even go golfing. Scotty lives on a golf course now. He just moved in. I'm sure it's pretty nice.

I'm not much of a golfer. As a matter of fact, I really don't like it. I'm starting to play again for a few reasons. 1) My bro and sis both play and I'd like to get to hang out with them doing something they enjoy. So, I'm trying to get into their lives with them. 2) Some of my other buddies play and it's good to hang with them as well. 3) I need another hobby and something to do with my time.

I'm actually playing in a tournament in 2 weeks. The "Shop w/a Cop" golf tourney. My sister asked me so me, Aric G., and my sis are on a team. I'm pretty excited too. Maybe I'll learn to like it. Maybe it's something I could get good at.

I don't like doing things that I'm not too good at. Especially for hobbies. Weird huh? I actually quit because it was just too frustrating. Well, and expensive. It usually ends up making me cuss and wanting to throw my clubs. Put those together and quitting was a good answer to my problem.

Anyway, I can't wait to get to Santa Cruz. The ocean is a great place to be.

5 comments:

Jen in Budapest said...

I like your "Problem girl" song by Rob Thomas. Never heard of him before. Have to check him out, particularly that song.

Well, Matty, you may have blogging jealousy but I have something worse - Ocean jealousy. I even love the smell (most of the time...) At least you can do something about your jealousy. I'm landlocked for awhile.

Seriously, though, have a blast in Santa Cruz as Uncle Matty! I have some good childhood memories from around there.

David said...

Tell Scott I said hi, but call him captain or craptain.

Matty C. said...

Jen, he's the lead singer of Matchbox 20.

Jen in Budapest said...

Oh, thanks. duh. :D

Matty C. said...

I wouldn't have known that either. I've asked the same question before, that's how I know.