Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Feeling 100x's better...

I feel pretty good today. Like Ben & Louie, I was also a puking maniac on Sunday-Monday. It was horrible. I truthfully can't think of anything worse than nausea and no sleep.

I must be the wimpy one of the bunch but I had to go to urgent care because of the nausea. Unfortunately, I got the nausea medication towards the end of the puking but at least I got it.

My trip to urgent care was a different kind of doctor visit. I don't actually think I've ever been to one but it was over two hours long. They get a -2 on the customer service. The best part was when the PA tells me that one of my symptoms may be that I actually have an STD. I pretty much just wanted to laugh. All I could say was "I guarantee I don't have one. I guarantee it." It caught me off guard because nobody has ever asked or told me that.

The greatest part of nausea medication is obviously no more nausea but the second best part is the sleep you get after no sleep the night before. I literally got zero sleep.

There is absolutely nothing on TV in the middle of the night. I watched or tried to watch, in between the puking and showers, Laura Croft, Major League, and a bunch of other crappy movies. (I take a lot of hot showers and lay down in the shower when I get sick.)

I always wonder what other people are like when they are sick. For me, I'm just a wimp and want to lay there and die. Then I think how wonderful it is to be a man and not get morning sickness. I would never have children if I had to go through that every day.

Lastly, I have to give props to my bro. What an awesome dude. He goes to work at 4 am or so, I thought. I texted him at 3:15 am and asked him to bring me some TUMS. He calls back and next thing you know he's at my house with saltine crackers, 7up, Pepto, and TUMS. Then he hangs out with me for an hour or so and watches TV with me until he has to go to work. What a dude.

3 comments:

David said...

Any sickness during the summer is such a load of horse crap. Being sick in the summer, no matter the severity, is always worse than being sick in the winter.

Scotty Do said...

I totally agree, Opie. I just had a cold....in the middle of freaking summer! That bad boy laid me out for 2 days. I usually just turn into a third child for Heather to take care of and lay on the couch all day and sleep.

Matty C. said...

I'm in agreement. Not to mention, I had the chills during the summer. I turned off the A/C at 78degrees because I was cold and during my hot showers I had to turn them up because I kept getting the chills. Summer is definately not the time for this.