Friday, July 25, 2008

Prayer for a friend

I have this buddy who's been through it. About 4 years ago, my buddy was married to a woman and she decided that she wanted to party a little. She ended up leaving him for another dude and divorcing him shortly there after. It was an ugly divorce and is finally over. They had two children together as well.

It took him a little while to get over this. He stayed single for about three years. Not dating too much to my knowledge. He pretty much had his girls in mind and that was it.

About a year and a half ago, he ended up meeting one of his high school girlfriends and they got back together. They ended up getting married about a year ago. To my knowledge, all was good. They always appeared happy, communicative and with a good relationship. They also bought their first house together about 8 months ago.

Today, I found out my buddies wife told him on Monday that she wasn't cut out to be a mom and that she was done. Needless to say, he's pretty hurt. He puts on a strong front but I know this stuff hurts. I actually thought he was joking with me about it.

I'm just asking that whoever reads this blog, would you say a prayer for my buddy. He's a great dude and doesn't deserve what happened to him in either situation. Please pray for comfort for him and his girls, peace in the whole divorce process and that God would make him whole again.

I'm also asking that you would pray for his wife. She's a great girl. Pray that God would give her wisdom in this situation and help her to know truth about what is happening. Also, that she would have clarity of thought throughout this process.

Thanks guys.

Matt

3 comments:

Destro Jones said...

Roger wilco.

SeƱor H said...

my prayers will be here

Jen in Budapest said...

that really sucks. I'll be praying, especially for him and his kids.